All hoisting equipment (except electric and air powered hoisting equipment) including clutch machines, derricks, guy derricks, stiff legs,
Chicago booms, gin poles, lattice booms.
This course covers crane components, hydraulic theory, mathematical calculations, inspection parameters, wire rope, standard hand signals and load charts. This class will prepare you to take the MA 1A test.
Certificate is awarded by Cranes 101
Material covered in this course:
- Proper crane setup
- Jobsite safety
- Crane component recognition
- Introduction to Hydraulic Theory
- Mathematical load weight and load bearing calculations
- Crane Inspection Parameters
- Wire Rope guidelines and inspection
- Standard Hand Signals
- Load Chart specifics
- Safety standards wisdom
This class meets or exceeds the requirements of OSHA 1926.550, ASME B30.5 and PCSA3.
Recommended class size limit: 20