You can always find plenty of reasons to put off safety training till it's to late!
- This is our busy season and I need every employee in the field, not the classroom!
- We usually wait till the Winter season for safety training, when business slows down.
- Pulling workers from a project for training would leave us short handed right now.
- We can't afford the training or need to wait till the end of the fiscal year for funding.
- Most of our employees have at least some safety training.
- We've only had a few issues involving safety but haven't had a serious accident yet.
- Why should..., We never had..., How can we afford..., Our company won't.......
The question isn't,
How can your company afford to make time for safety training?
The real question is:
How can your company afford not to make time for safety training?
Employers that invest in workplace safety and health can expect to reduce injuries, fatalities, and illnesses. This will result in cost savings in a variety of areas, such as:
- Lowering workers' compensation costs and medical expenses
- Avoiding OSHA penalties
- Reducing costs to train replacement employees
- Reducing cost to conduct accident investigations
NOTE: In addition, employers often find that changes made to improve workplace safety can result in significant improvements to their organization's productivity and financial performance.
Expert Witness Service
Cranes101 is able, when necessary, to assist you with accident investigation consulting including expert witness testimony and litigation support, but would much rather provide employee safety training upfront in order to avoid having these accidents in the first place!
We said it before and we'll say it again, "Its your business, we just make it safer!".
But this is our busiest time of year!
This is the time when accidents are more likely to take place. When demands on production increase, it becomes necessary for employees to increase their work pace. The workers begin to feel pressured and may tend to start looking for shortcuts in order to keep up with the busy schedule. This is when they tend to start paying less attention to safety!
The importance of safety and training are never greater then at this time. At this point, we need to remind employers to be vigilant about safety to ensure that the workplace remains accident free.
When times are good, new employees may be hired and are at the greatest risk of having an accident. Investing the time in safety training for these newest employees is the greatest investment your company can make.
Untrained workers can have accidents that, in the long run, are far more costly than preventive training.
These accidents can lead to personal injury, property damage, criminal charges
We can't afford the training at this time!
Every fiscal year, millions of dollars in safety training grants are awarded to various organizations. The goal of these grant programs is to promote safe and healthy conditions in the workplace through training, education, and other preventative programs for employees and/or employers
We at Cranes101 value safety above all else, but we understand that the cost of training can, at times, be a burden to employers. That is why we have made a progressive effort to supply grant information to those who want to remain safe on the job, but may need help financing the process.
We will work with you on writing your application, submitting it to your state contact, and structuring your own safety plan that works best for you and your budget. You could get funding from your government and stay safe. What's to lose?